Top 10 Things to Enjoy Your Vacation Home Rental Experience
Here are the top 10 things you must know to enjoy our vacation home
1) Identify vacation homes that meet your criteria. All vacation homes have maximum occupancy limits. Ensure that you are reserving the house that can accommodate your party size.
2) Most home owners do not allow smoking inside the home and some owners do not allow pets. If you are planning to travel with pets, talk to the owner and understand their pet policy.
3) If you are traveling with someone with disabilities, keep in mind that not all vacation homes have facilities to accommodate them. Compare your needs to the facilities of the vacation home.
4) Ensure you have address and directions to the vacation home as well as contact number for the owner and local management.
5) If the vacation home you are renting is in a gated community, know the access procedures. This becomes far more important if you are arriving after normal business hours.
6) Find-out what amenities are included with the contract. Generally vacation homes are self-catering; meaning guests are responsible for the daily up-keep of the home.
7) If the home has a private pool, confirm with the owner that there are child-safety features. Do not leave children unattended near pool areas.
8) Understand the check-in and check-out times as well as procedures for check-in. Most vacation home owners have their homes on electronic locks or lockboxes, saving you the hassle of picking-up and dropping-off keys. If you see any issues with the vacation home upon arrival, inform the owner or Management Company to avoid deductions from your security deposit.
9) Know your obligations as part of the check-out. Some owners require all bedding and towels to be washed before you leave, but some don’t.
10) Almost all owners require that you treat their home with respect; after all they are letting you stay in their home.